Special Occasion



There's so much to celebrate. First, this painting, "Special Occasion" was selected for the "Fruits of our Labor" exhibition at Atlanta Artists Center. You have the option to list paintings as NFS (Not For Sale), and I almost did that for this one because it's a painting of the shoes I wore on my wedding day. They're Kate Spade shoes, and I painted them after Kate Spade died. Anyway, I decided to price the painting at $200. Honestly, I never in a million years imagined anyone would buy it. And I felt like I had to be OK with it if they did sell because I need to challenge myself to recreate successful paintings. I think that's part of the process of getting better.

The great news is that someone did buy this painting. And that person was Catherine Zeta Jones. Yes, the actress. And from what I can tell on her Instagram account, my girl CZJ loves shoes as much as I do.

I'm happy that I'm finally doing what I love ... being creative. I wasn't really sure I could do it, but I paint almost every day and am constantly learning and trying new things. Workshops, classes and a fierce stubborn streak are starting to pay off. Amazing to see how far I've come in a year. My mind races when I think about where I'll be next year. Could not be happier :)

Comments

Popular Posts