2019 Art - January through April

Goal setting is really important to me. I like to have lists of tasks and things to accomplish so that I can stay focused. One of my goals for 2019 is to get at least one work of art in every show at Atlanta Artists Center, which is probably extreme, but nevertheless, it's on the list. Things were working out just fine until the latest round of rejections, but that's okay. If I fall short, I fall short.

But let's celebrate a few successes ... I got 3 works in January's show, "Renewal"





Two paintings were accepted for the "Synchronicity" show 


"Holiday" is my first original abstract painting! I was really excited about this one. I began abstract classes in  with Paul Light at Chastain Arts Center and love his classes. He's an excellent instructor.


"Arrangement 14" was a work I began during my drawing classes with a master drawing instructor. Both of these were more experimental, and opportunity to try new things and they both turned out very well. I love both of these paintings.


The next AAC show was "East Meets West - Art in Bloom" which runs through May 17. Marc Chatov was the judge, and I was extremely nervous about getting anything accepted because I know from personal experience he is one tough cookie. Two rejections and one accepted, but the incredibly exciting news here is that the one that was accepted was chosen by an Ikebana floral designer as her inspiration for an amazing complementary floral design.


The next show I submitted was to a Binder's show. 3 Rejections :(((( But here I am, still swinging! That won't stop me from trying to get something in the remaining shows. I ain't no quitter.

Oh ... one last piece of exciting news. My painting, "Long Day at the Office," was accepted by the Booth Artists Guild for their show that runs May - August in the Booth Western Museum in Cartersville. 




Comments

Popular Posts