2019 - April through June

One of my goals for this year was to get something into every Atlanta Artists Center show. That hasn't happened. My submissions to 2 shows were not accepted. It bothered me, but I can't let it slow me down. Gotta keep on pushing.

Abstract classes continued through May with Paul Light at Chastain. I also continued my drawing work with Elizabeth S. And lastly, I challenged myself to attend studio sessions at Atlanta Artists Center so I could practice drawing the human figure.

Here are some of my paintings and drawings from the period of April 2019-June 2019.


"walk in the woods"


"august" - sold at the Museum of Contemporary Art - Georgia's pin up show ($95)


"easter monday 2019"


"iris"


"wheel in the sky"


"it's cooler in the shade"


"bougainvillea"

"after the rain"


"Palmizana"


"The Crown"


"Carmine Street"


"Going Back to Berkeley"



The following 3 paintings were accepted into the "Small Works" show at Atlanta Artists Center, which opens in July ...


"Red Carpet"


"Myrtle Street Hydrangea"


"Gardenia"


My neighbors brought me a gorgeous bundle of hydrangeas, so I painted them in a cut glass vase ...


Also, most of these are 20x16 - why? Because Michael's has suitcases (literally, suitcases) of this size canvas in packs of 20. You get 20 canvi for $40. There's no better way to burn through canvi as you're learning. At $2 a pop, you don't feel as guilty when they turn out to be duds.


In May I had 2 events in Cartersville - 1) my painting "Long Day at the Office" was admitted into the Booth Western Museum's Borderlands Gallery show. SO exciting.


And I did a plein air event with the Magnolia Garden Club. I painted in a really nice lady's backyard. When she saw the painting I did of her garden fairy, she said she had to have it, and she slipped me $100 in cold hard cash. So that makes 3 paintings sold so far in 2019. (My mother bought the iris painting)



And here are some of my figure drawings from my studio sessions at AAC:

"Annie"

"Gordon"

"Denise"

"Nova"


Comments

Popular Posts