November December 2019

Painting a copy of "The Goldfinch" in our sunroom with JuJu

I began a second series of drawing classes at Atelier South with George Morton and Jessica Artman. After re-reading my post a few months ago about my first session with them it's really amazing to note how much progress I made in a short period of time.

The Bargue plate exercises are not easy, but they've become a little less frustrating. It seems like I can get to the meat of it faster than I used to.


Jess is going back to NYC, so we are kind of sitting in limbo on next steps but I really hope to continue my classes in 2020.

I need to photograph some of my Bargue drawings and post, but in the meantime, here's a sketch I did of one of my faves, Steven Tyler.


In mid-November I took a painting workshop with the great Qiang Huang. I registered for the class about a year and half in advance. Dude is legendary and his workshops fill up really fast. He lived up to the hype. I will do a post dedicated just to that workshop because I learned so much and need to document it.

 Qiang in action above and his set up below



Here are two of my paintings from the workshop. You can see the progress I made in just one day.





When I wasn't working on marketing and social media for Atlanta Artists Center or giving a tour at the High Museum, I darted over to AAC for a model studio session.




These were done several weeks apart, and now I'm noticing I used the exact same color palette.

I submitted works of art to 2 shows coming in 2020. The first is "The Grand View at the W Hotel" exhibition. I have one painting in that one:



I also submitted works to the "Renewal" exhibition at AAC and all 3 of those submissions were juried in.



And over the holidays I worked on a floral drawing and painting.





Comments

Popular Posts