Daily Painting - 1

I picked up the book, Daily Paintworks, by Carol Marine. Such an amazing book and great for beginners like me. She gives tons of great information on tools, set ups, brush work, lighting, edges, critiques (of her own work!) and more. One of the cool things that's come from this book is that there are many artists who are now faithfully knocking out their #dailypaintworks and posting them on Instagram, so we have a little tribe! Oh - and Carol has created an online gallery where #dailypaintworks artists can upload their work and sell it. Genius!

I've committed to a #dailypainting for at least 30 days, but honestly, I think this is the way to get better and better, so my guess is it will continue well past 30 days. And, of course, I'll be mixing in lots of other stuff along the way.

Here's my first #dailypainting!


White Gourd ~ 6x6

Comments

Popular Posts